Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Leasing vs Buying

I have leased a 2009 Chevy Trailblazer for the past 3 years. It has served my family well. All five of us fit in it comfortably, with only a few arguments from our daughters that ones foot or elbow was invading their personal space. It carried all our sports equipment to and from softball games and tournaments. It has served its purpose. My only issue with leasing the blazer is it's cost, while we have friends who have purchased cars and are paying less than $200. a month. We have spent the past three years paying nearly $400. a month. When we decided to lease the trail blazer we looked into buying one and it would have cost us more. However in the past three years the prices of automobiles have come down so much that now we could buy one and have half the payment. The blazer is being returned tomorrow and we have already bought a new vehicle to replace it. I personally would not lease another vehicle. I found myself constantly worried that we would scratch it up or the carpet would get stained. Every mile we drove I was adding up how many more miles we could go before we reached our quota and would have to pay extra. Worrying is one of my flaws, I worry way to much, so between the cost and the worry I don't feel that leasing a vehicle is worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment